From Monday 24 February 2020 (weather and construction conditions permitting), eastbound Sunshine Motorway traffic between the Bruce Highway and Tanawha Tourist Drive will be diverted onto the new western service road in Tanawha.
The new western service road runs parallel to the Sunshine Motorway on its northern side. This traffic change will allow for the Sunshine Motorway to be upgraded. Please refer to the image above.
A combination of day and night works will be undertaken over a weekend to complete these activities.
The project’s working hours are:
• Night works: Friday and Sunday, 7pm to 5am.
• Day works: Saturday and Sunday, 6am to 6pm.
Lighting towers will be used at night. Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
It is important to note that these activities are dependent on weather conditions.
Weekend exit ramp closures
Temporary closures to two exit ramps will be in place from 7pm Friday 21 February to Monday 5am 24 February 2020, weather permitting, to facilitate this traffic change.
1. Southbound Bruce Highway Exit 194 to Sunshine Motorway:
• The southbound Bruce Highway exit ramp (Exit 194) to the Sunshine Motorway will be closed.
• Motorists will be detoured via the southbound highway Exit 190, Pignata Road and Frizzo Road to travel northbound on the highway and access the Sunshine Motorway via Exit 194.
2. Eastbound Sunshine Motorway exit ramp to Tanawha Tourist Drive:
• The eastbound Sunshine Motorway exit ramp to Tanawha Tourist Drive will be closed.
• Motorists will be detoured via the Dixon Road interchange.
Traffic controllers and police will be present to assist motorists if required. Motorists are advised to follow directional signage and allow extra travel time.